With more than 17-years’ experience working with various international organizations, Dr. Shams provides technical, administrative and leadership support to a variety of health, research and women’s empowerment projects in Afghanistan. As a women’s health advocate, he has helped develop programs, policies and strategies, and conducted capacity assessments and other evaluations at the organizational and individual level. He has organized trainings in Afghanistan and abroad. He has a broad network of local and national partners and enjoys working across sectors to bring about social change.
- What World Prematurity Day Means to Me
- Groundbreaking legislation protects women’s, girls’ and newborns’ health rights in Nepal
- Women in Kenya Want Access to Quality Maternal Health Care
- Civil Society Welcomes Landmark Resolution on Maternal Mortality and Morbidity and Human Rights at the Human Rights Council
- Improving Maternal Health Measurement: A National Dialogue in Kenya