Betsy McCallon is serving as executive advisor to the leadership team at WRA as part of her transition from the CEO role. Betsy joined White Ribbon Alliance in 2004 and has contributed to the growth of the Alliance from a loose network to a driver for global attention and commitments to reproductive and maternal health and rights with a focus on national advocacy and accountability. Betsy is a global spokesperson and champion for citizen participation and empowerment to advance health and rights; she regularly contributes to publications, speaks at key events, and serves on numerous coalitions and Boards. Betsy has lived and worked in sub-Saharan Africa and Central America and worked in more than 20 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. When she’s not working, Betsy spends much of her time outdoors – cycling, exploring the city and watching soccer.
• Pregnant in a War Zone: Why Respectful Maternity Care Matters in Humanitarian Settings
• Women and Girls Must Become Champions for Their Own Health
• From Historic Breakthrough to Colossal Breakdown
• Quality, Equity and Dignity: A Solution for Every Woman, Every Newborn, Everywhere
• Giving Voice to the Realities of Stillbirth
• Beyond the Safe Motherhood Initiative: Accelerated Action Urgently Needed to End Preventable Maternal Mortality
• Listen. Invest. Focus on Human Rights. A Call to Action for PMNCH