As Chief Executive Officer of White Ribbon Alliance, Betsy McCallon is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organization and developing plans, a dynamic team and resources to deliver it. Betsy joined White Ribbon Alliance in 2004 and has contributed to the growth of the Alliance from a loose network to a driver for global attention and commitments to reproductive and maternal health and rights with a focus on national advocacy and accountability. Betsy is a global spokesperson and champion for citizen participation and empowerment to advance health and rights; she regularly contributes to publications, speaks at key events, and serves on numerous coalitions and Boards. Betsy has lived and worked in sub-Saharan Africa and Central America and worked in more than 20 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. When she’s not working, Betsy spends much of her time outdoors – cycling, exploring the city and watching soccer.
• Pregnant in a War Zone: Why Respectful Maternity Care Matters in Humanitarian Settings
• Women and Girls Must Become Champions for Their Own Health
• From Historic Breakthrough to Colossal Breakdown
• Quality, Equity and Dignity: A Solution for Every Woman, Every Newborn, Everywhere
• Giving Voice to the Realities of Stillbirth
• Beyond the Safe Motherhood Initiative: Accelerated Action Urgently Needed to End Preventable Maternal Mortality
• Listen. Invest. Focus on Human Rights. A Call to Action for PMNCH