While the past two decades have been marked by substantive progress in reducing maternal and child deaths, progress has often been slow to reach those who need it most. Provision of quality care is uneven, often failing to respect the rights and dignity of those who seek it. White Ribbon Alliance is pushing for improvements in midwives’ pay and working conditions, changing the public’s perception of their work and supporting midwives around the world to advocate for their profession, all of which in turn, will lead to improved care for women and newborns.
- Midwives’ Voices, Midwives’ Demand, Preliminary Listening- Kenya Report; English
- Midwives’ Voices, Midwives’ Realities: English; Spanish
- The State of the World’s Midwifery 2014 Report
- Advocacy Approaches to Promote Midwives and the Profession of Midwifery
- Be in Science-Choose Midwifery: English Brochure; Kiswahili Brochure
- Midwifery-themed videos at Midwives’ Voices and Young Midwifery Leaders